Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Purple and gold day!?!




everyone having fun with beach balls at the Laker Parade

 Rene's epic save!

Go Lakers!

The end of the beach ball


Today was an interesting day. It all started with Sam waking up way before me which is weird cuz I'm usually the one bugging Sam to wake up :) After a couple of minutes of Sam trying to wake me up, we made plans to meet at the subway station to make our way to the Laker parade. 

I've never really been to a HUGE celebration for a city  championship team. Seeing as the Lakers are pretty much the only ones who have won titles in the recent years, wait... and the Ducks! Stupid Dodgers!!! Hopefully soon the Dodgers will update their title :) I can't really call myself a Lakers fan, but I do have pride in our city teams. I'm not really a basketball fan, I'm more of a baseball fan, I love my Dodgers! Anyway- back to my story, I met sam, Nora and Rene on the subway.  MAN, I couldn't believe how many people were on their way to same place we were going! It was so exciting to see everyone wear purple and gold (yellow?) colors to support our city basketball team.  We ended getting off on 7th and figueroa, and made our way (along with what seemed like a million people) to the staple center. We got there around 10, and waited til about 1115 to watch the shortest parade i've attend  :) Watching how excited people can get over our little TV screens is nothing compared to living it. I can't say it was a waste of time cuz somehow it was tons fun. Maybe it was the beach balls keeping us entertain, or the people in trees/fences getting yelled at by the getto bird to get down :) I don't know, all I know is it was fun and I think I would do this again. Can't wait to celebrate the Dodgers victory at Elysian Park! Lets Go DODGERS!!  

 

No comments: